Private Surveys Referral Service
Private Surveys could potentially save your clients thousands of pounds, yet not many customers know much about them. Many people will ‘assume’ that their lender’s valuation will tell them about any issues with the property… but this is not the case. A lender’s valuation is purely for the benefit of the lender and not the client, but what can Private Surveys find that Valuations can’t?
Read below to find out more, or download our handy guide here.
You can refer your clients to e.surv without worrying about cross-selling as Valuations and Private Surveys are the only services they provide.
e.surv Chartered Surveyors are one of the country’s largest providers of residential property risk expertise and residential surveying services, trading since 1989. To put it into numbers, they complete the equivalent of one inspection every twenty-five seconds.
They are part of the LSL Property Services Plc Group of companies. They work with lenders, intermediaries, social housing entities, and estate agents, as well as private customers.
e.surv have a UK network of over 400 full-time surveyors and a reliable network of consultant surveyors offering residential valuations and other residential services.
All their surveyors are RICS accredited, and benefit from their industry-leading technology. And because of their structure, they’re able to offer their customers the flexibility of national coverage with local expertise. But you wouldn’t expect anything less from a business with their heritage, would you?
- Room for negotiation – If the private survey states the property isn’t worth the sale price, or there are any issues that the report flags up then your customer can negotiate a new price
- You earn a referral fee – For every customer you refer that completes, you’ll be paid £75 for a private survey or standard valuation and £35 for a Help to Buy Valuation
- Full UK coverage – Surveyors available in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- All surveys taken out by a qualified surveyor – Over 400 RICs qualified surveyors
- Independent view – Private surveys will be for your customer’s eyes, not the benefit of their lender and will help them make an informed decision about the property they are buying
Products they offer
Buying a house is one of the most important and stressful decisions in a person’s life, and a survey is an important part of this process.
An important factor for the right product is that a survey is not a valuation for a lender, this is for the benefit of the customer.
Backed by RICS, you can highlight the benefits a survey can offer a homebuyer and have confidence in building customer relations, by providing the customer with all the information up front.
- Level 1: RICS Condition Report – This shows the condition of the property, offers guidance to legal advisers and highlights any urgent defects. It is aimed at conventional properties and new homes. No Valuation is provided.
- Level 2: RICS Homebuyer Report – This includes all the features of the Condition Report, plus market Valuation and insurance rebuild costs. It includes advice on defects that may affect the value of the property with repairs, and ongoing maintenance advice.
- Level 3: RICS Building Survey – Essential for larger older properties, or if planning major works. The most comprehensive report providing an in-depth analysis of the property’s condition and includes advice on defects, repairs and maintenance options.
There are many reasons why your client might need an independent valuation of their property. They may simply be interested to know the value of their home or may be a cash buyer seeking some guidance. Alternatively there may be a more specific reason as to why they need a valuation.
Here are three examples: