Skipton Building Society
Skipton Building Society has been helping people buy homes since 1853. The vast majority of the Society’s lending is done through intermediaries like you – because we believe you’re well placed to know your clients and understand their needs. We’re here to lay the foundations to help you create more home owners.
Tight deadlines. Shifting goalposts. Policy changes galore. If the really satisfying parts of being a mortgage broker didn’t exist, you’d wonder why anyone does it. So instead of making big, bold statements and promising the world, we stick to the basics: we do our job with a view to helping you enjoy doing yours.
That starts with taking a common sense, straightforward approach to lending. Doing the really simple stuff like listening to brokers, and their clients, and acting on their feedback.
“Our approach represents all those times you’ve worked with a lender and needed to speak to an underwriter but couldn’t, or had a decision from a computer when a person would have been better. They’re small things that make a big difference, and this outlines the practical steps we’re taking to make things faster, better and easier for you and your clients.”
Paul Fenn, Director of Business Development, Skipton Building Society.
Providing a fully packaged case first time will improve the time to offer and help out their our underwriters.
** PLEASE NOTE – Skipton have invested in Auto Income Verification technology and therefore the items below may not always be required. Please only send documents requested in your DIP approved e-mail **
Here’s a checklist of everything Skipton will need:
- Latest P60 (if using additional income).
- Latest month’s payslip (if employed).
- Latest full month’s bank statement showing salary credit (also rental income if BTL).
- Accountant’s Certificate (preferable) OR latest two years’ full signed accounts OR two years’ SA302s and one year of accounts (if self-employed).
- Any other fees your client has opted to pay up front.
- Evidence of retirement income, if the term takes your client into retirement.
- Access to our underwriting team if you need it
- Any extra documents requested at initial underwrite reviewed within a target time of 24 hours.
- Support from a network of dedicated BDMs
- A combination of technology and the human touch, so simple cases should fly through and more complicated cases get the attention they need
- Clear, timely communications.
- Support via web chat, phone, email, video call, Twitter for general queries, case updates and new enquiries.
If you have not registered to use Skipton Building Society’s new enhanced online services, it takes only a few minuites to complete. Don’t forget to select TMA Club when prompted to receive the correct procuration fee.
Skipton Building Society Webchat is available via their website on any page. Click here to speak to a member of the team now.
To contact Skipton Intermediaries, visit skipton-intermediaries.co.uk/contact-us.
Get in touch with us today.
Need criteria support? Contact the experts on our Broker Support Team.