Intermediary solutions as individual as your clients – Every client has different needs. Your clients come to you because you’ll find a mortgage solution that fits their needs, not a lender’s. Brokers come to Clydesdale Bank because they understand this. They are able to adopt a flexible approach and assess cases on their individual merits. Clydesdale will work with you to understand your client and what they may be able to do for them, helping you to find solutions.
Key Features Clydesdale Bank:
- Non-standard income — They will discuss non-standard income streams and more complex income structures to see if they can find a way to assist your clients.
- Buy-to-let — Clydesdale are proud to be different when it comes to assessing your client’s BTL mortgage, and that means making an overall affordability assessment. They can lend to first-time landlords, non-owner occupiers and first-time buyers.
- Large loans — Direct access to underwriters for £750k+ loans. Available to 75% LTV up to £2m, with Capital & Interest top up to 80% LTV.
- Interest only — A maximum LTV of 75% with a range of acceptable repayment vehicles.
- Self-employed — They will use the customer’s share of pre-tax profit plus director’s remuneration.
- Professionals — Their mortgages for professionals are available where one or more of the applicants are employed in one of the occupations listed here, with loans available from £80k up to £1m up to 85% LTV and to £750k up to 90% LTV.
- Contractors — Clydesdale can accept applicants with a one-year contracting history for mortgages up to 95% LTV.
To get set up with Clydesdale Bank, you’ll need to be registered with Virgin Money first. You can do that at intermediaries.virginmoney.com. Once registered, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and your FCA firm details and they will add you to Clydesdale Bank’s panel too.
Just so you know, Clydesdale Bank registration is managed at firm level, meaning the firm’s nominated mortgage club is applied to all the brokers within the firm.
For large loan new business enquiries of £750k or more, that are complex or that don’t meet their standard lending criteria, you can speak to Clydesdale’s underwriters directly on 0113 224 1369. Lines open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
For updates on an application you have already submitted, use their case tracker service. If you need further support call 0800 9178 363. Lines open 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (Wednesdays 9.30am – 5.30pm).
For help and support submitting an online application, please refer to the FAQs. If you need further support call 0800 6783 066, lines open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Get in touch with us today.
Need criteria support? Contact the experts on our Broker Support Team.