The Tipton and Coseley Building Society
At the Tipton, they provide mortgages across England and Wales. Tipton are dedicated to providing an excellent service to brokers and helping brokers help their clients. The society’s mission is to enable clients to own their homes at all stages of life and they do this through a range of products and specialist lending criteria. From 100% LTV Family Assist mortgages, to Retirement Interest Only mortgages there is a product for everyone.
They also operate a manual underwriting process, meaning each application is considered by a real person and lack of credit history or historical late payments won’t generate a ”computer says no” result.
- Mortgage Surgery: Our mortgage underwriters host a Mortgage Surgery clinic, allowing our Intermediary Support Team to discuss any non standard cases. This means we can get an initial decision on your complex cases before a DIP has been submitted. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your case.
- No Credit Scoring: Our manual underwriting process means that we can consider each case on its own merits, rather than using computer-based credit scoring systems.
- Later Life / RIO Mortgages: If your clients are looking to borrow into/during their retirement, our Later Life and RIO mortgage ranges are available to help. We will also consider lending on purpose built retirement properties.
- Contractors: We will underwrite long term subcontractors on an employed basis, using gross income to determine their maximum level of borrowing. We also have criteria in place to assist those on short term renewable contracts.
- Self Employed Applicants: Our lending criteria allows us to consider applications from sole traders, partners and limited company directors. Subject to acceptable proof of income.
For more information about The Tipton and their lending criteria, visit their website here.
Tipton do not require you to register with them, until you submit your first application.
To register at submission stage, complete the form and send it to them at email@example.com
They recommend you submit a Decision in Principle (DIP) initially, to allow them to make an initial assessment on the case. You can download a DIP by clicking here.
When you’re ready to submit an application, please complete our online application form on our website. Alternatively, you can use our paper form and send a scanned copy to them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, please click here.
If you have a case to run past our team, or simply want to know more about The Tipton, visit their website here, email their Intermediary help desk at email@example.com or call them on 0121 521 4000.
Your Business Development Manager details can be found by clicking here.
Telephone Business Development Desk
Senior Telephone BDM: Faye Sheldon
Telephone BDM: Alex Poole, Hardeep Bedi and Sharon Khangura
Phone: 0121 521 4000
Field Based Business Development Managers
Areas covered: CM, EN, HA, IG, KT, RM, SS, TW, UB, WD, EC, E, N and W
Phone: 07395 790267
Areas covered: AL, GU, HP, LU, MK, OX, RG, SG, SL, SO, WC, NW, SE and SW
Phone: 07593 557 578
Get in touch with us today.
Need criteria support? Contact the experts on our Broker Support Team.